CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Cookie's Sibling Is Born!

On July 31st, Cookie became the big sister to a baby girl. We got the phone call today - just a few minutes ago. We won't be home until the 10th (but we will be calling the airlines to see about changing our tickets and the costs therein), and the WONDERFUL social workers already arranged for the baby to go home today with angels of respite care providers. They will try to back date our contract so that we can pay the $22.90 a day daily rate and not have it be out of our own pockets.

We don't know anything else.

My assumption is that the baby is healthy - otherwise our R&C worker would have told us, and obviously the hospital wouldn't release a baby in 2 days thta wasn't OK.

No news on the name of the baby either - but then again, we will likely use pet-names for a while anyway until we learn about birth-fathers and how the state and social workers are going to handle the case. Then, we'll choose our own name for her.

Until I'm told otherwise, I'm choosing to believe that this baby will become our daughter forever, too.

Wow. Another girl.

I told Michael that would be a lot of girls in the house. He said, "Yeah, I had a dream like that once. But you were on the Swedish bikini team." :)

So, in your prayers today, please pray once more for J. and her broken world, this new baby girl, the wonderful people who have agreed to be her respite care providers until we get home, and the workers who made all this happen without even involving us in the details. God is SO amazing. I thought we'd have to do all kinds of arranging, and here it is all taken care of FOR us. I'm in awe.

I'm a mommy...again. I can't wait to see my new baby girl. I hope she's as sweet as her big sister.

18 comments:

Lisa said...

How exciting! I am waiting on Bubbles' sibling in the next month or two, but now they're acting like they may not take the baby. I am guessing that if they do not, the baby will probably come into care at Bubbles' next court hearing in mid Sept.

Congrats. I'm so excited for you! Two babies is so much fun!

Julie said...

I AM SO EXCITED!!!! CHILLS ALL OVER AGAIN!!!! I can't wait till you get home to see her! and pics! and oh- my! Everything~!!!

Runergirl said...

What wonderful news! And you know your girl was born on my birthday; she's a LEO, watch out:)

Keep us posted, this is so exciting!!

FosterAbba said...

Congratulations?!?!

I'm not sure what to say when things are still a bit uncertain about the child's future.

Best wishes, and I hope the new baby brings you much happiness.

Anonymous said...

YAY! Congrats. I wish I lived there and I'd do the respite for you! :) GET HOME! WALK, RUN, just get there!

Emily said...

Congratulations! It's a girl!

JUST A MOM said...

That is so cool I can only imagine how excited you are to get back home. I think the airlines will let you change the ticket one time with out charge... prayers....

Amanda said...

Oh my, I am crying happy tears for you. SO amazing.

GLouise said...

How exciting! Praying hard for all involved.

Yondalla said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Congrats!!!!
2 girls! That will be easier--you probably have all girl things for cookie anyway!! So happy for you guys!

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, how exciting for you and your family! I can't wait to hear about her when you make it home to meet her!

I can't believe how quickly things are falling into place. That's fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats on being able to take care of her sibling, for however long!! How neat! Best wishes for the best outcome possible.

Julie said...

so what is the story??? I may have a similar one eventually- :)

Julie said...

When are you going home? so waiting on the story!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so EXCITED for you!!! WOW. Who would have known???!?!? Congratulations!

CA Momma said...

My oh my oh my! This just blows my mind! I am so happy for you.

FosterMom said...

WOW WOW WOW!! I'm so happy for you and your family! I can tell you, it's so cool to have siblings, especially ones you get to have from the start! Many happy blessings to your family!