CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

You Know There Is A Recession When...

...you transfer your prescriptions all over town in order to get gift cards so you can buy milk and bread there.

So far, we have transferred from CVS to Rite Aid (3 $30 gifts cards for each of us for a total of $180 in gift cards), to Walgreens, and now to Kroger. I think the Kroger deal was the best so far -$20 gift card for each transferred Rx - up to 3 of them. That's grocery money right there.

Next month will be Target - they only offer a $10 gift card, but hey, $10 is $10.

And I have the coupons to transfer to K-Mart as well, but I still have to find out if ours has a pharmacy.

Anyone else done the prescription shuffle?

6 comments:

In Due Time said...

If someone offers the meds cheaper than Target offers it for, let Target know, and they will give you the script for that price. It's not advertised, but they'll do it!

KrazyMom said...

No, but thanks for the tip. I really need to transfer mine anyway. Walmart has messed up on my refill order three times in ONE month. I am done with them.

Overwhelmed! said...

I don't have any prescriptions to transfer. :)

Julie said...

No- but I want to now!!!

SD said...

Have none to transfer....but what a smart idea! We did however have alot of recent renovations on our home and...we bought gift cards at our local grocery stores with cash for Lowes and Home Depot....then bought the supplies we needed on those cards...but then we had the "gas perks" that the grocery stores gave for purchasing the cards there....we saved Ton's of gas money!

Marthavmuffin said...

I havent done it because I have that mail order deal whre I get 3 months for the price of 2. But I have done the credit card shuffle the last few years. Now all my credit card debt is on a 3.99% card so I am trying to pay off the van loan earlier as its at 7%